- They look like big teady bears the fleece is massive in comparison.
- The fleece is hypoallergenic so people can wear it close to the skin without irritaition.
- it is very soft microns down to about 14 which is fine comared to say sheep at 30 micron
- There is not lanolin in the fleece so it is easaly proccesed.
- The animal its self is no different in any other way to the suri
The Suri Alpaca which again you can find suri alpaca for sale
- The fleece is very close to the body and makes the animal look slim
- The fleece hangs like dreadlocks
- The Suri fleece fetches more money in comparison
- Spinners often mix the fleece with silk or wool as it can be slipery to use
- only 5% of Alpacas are suri
- A high-quality suri is so lustrous, it glistens in the sunlight and feels cool like silk to the touch.
For an insite to the Huacaya and an idea of costs please have a look at our webiste Hensting Alpacas